Any ideas might help

Data gathering, EFI, other electronics Discussion

Moderators: gregg dahl, Jayne

pg95

Any ideas might help

Postby pg95 » Mon May 13, 2013 1:44 pm

The problem! We have put in new rings , the proper honeing etc . The bike started like always but under power and load in the water box it will not rev past 5500 rpm. the tack shows it drops to 2800/3500 and back to and only 55to 5600rpm It will free rev to 7200 our normal shift point.We have done the following. Rewired.checked all batteries ,changed Ing. box crank trigger, fuel, plug range. The coils appear to be firing,All four coils will be changed tomorrow.The problem started on a near perfect pass at about the 1000ft. mark, a motor only pass . However the crank trigger bolt was broken upon checking. We do not have a computer.All electrical components have been changed. Plugs are BLACK. Any ideas will be considered. The entire top end is new, bottom end has only 3 good passes since total rebuild.Leak down ok. 4 cam, 120 ci.singel super D

admin
Site Admin

Re: Any ideas might help

Postby admin » Mon May 13, 2013 7:17 pm

How are you checking that battery?
I ask because that sounds alot like a battery problem...
Check it with a digital voltmeter...Under Load!
Otherwise I'm stumped just now...
Marty
Admin Notice

R Meck

Postby R Meck » Mon May 13, 2013 10:01 pm

good starting point Marty. Low voltage will definately look rich on the plugs.

pg95

Postby pg95 » Tue May 14, 2013 1:37 am

Thanks for the responce. We have 8 18 volt, change after each pass,2 used,wired in line,did find one weak one.Disasembled battery clips (milw setup). New plug wires. Spark seems to be uneven when testing by using the dyna remote box, will change coils tomorrow. Ing is Dyna sp 4000 wired for single fire. Both cyls show the plugs (4) the same, advance 28 degrees.As I wrote before 95% of wiring changed. Will look at wiring from batteries to Ing. again. Thanks !

pg95

Postby pg95 » Tue May 14, 2013 10:18 pm

Coils are fine. There is resistence in the wires from the batteries. Will correct this and go from there.

GELLIOTT

Postby GELLIOTT » Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:48 pm

Does it have the DRD with your 4000?

pg95

Postby pg95 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks for your reply! Yes it has. We think the problem is the needle & seat. Should have checked it sooner. I am waiting for S&S to send a new B series. Friends of ours in Canada are having the same problem. Even with a fuel by pass it over fuels. We are more then ready to go racing .I will not bore you with all we have done to correct this problem. WE sure as hell know what is working as it should.

GELLIOTT

Postby GELLIOTT » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:32 am

I have had alot of trouble in the past with DRD resetting limits at odd times. I would unplug it and see how it runs.Dyna was great with service checked everything,sent new DRD,still had problems.My .02

pg95

Postby pg95 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks again. Did unplug it, ran the same. Put on our shovel, same Ign. Shovel was unchanged. Darn good suggestion though. Still waiting for S&S. Any ideas will be considered! We want to race in June at BG, even if we have to run motor only in the (what ever class). Shovel has a super E or I would steal it. Some one out their may have a new one for sale?

pg95

Postby pg95 » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:15 pm

The problem has been solved!!!! It was the needle & seat. After waiting three weeks for S&S to ship , drove to the factory, the order was never on their computer. Put it in the water box, the tach. never moved off of 7300, Plugs look right. Will take it to the track next Friday night for the T&T session. All that called, E mailed us or replied on here thanks for your input. See you later this year at the track. Denis

Return to “Electronics”