PRO GAS and V-RODS

Moderators: gregg dahl, Jayne

vrodracing90

PRO GAS and V-RODS

Postby vrodracing90 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:05 pm

I have raced in pro gas 2010 till 2016 with vrods and 45 degree motors. I have won several championships in Pro Gas with a v-rod. I was protested this past weekend and Marty had to tell me that V-Rods seemed to be omitted in the rule book for 2018. I was #3 qualifier. I understand the rules getting changed to not allow 60 degree motors that are the pro stock version. The V-Rod at a max of 98 cu in getting kicked out of a class that has a 160 cu in limit is CRAZY.

wawrd1

Re: PRO GAS and V-RODS

Postby wawrd1 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:13 am

agreed! and if this was a printing error then it should be reversed! I recall no discussion regarding this rule change?
Grandpawgriz

vrodracing90

Re: PRO GAS and V-RODS

Postby vrodracing90 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:32 am

Here is something funny this is the rules now...........This Class is reserved for 45 degree 160", gas only, EFI, or
Carb[s], no power adders (nitrous, turbos, etc..), any transmission,
any tire, any wheelbase, 4 Valve heads permitted,..................... Which makes EVERY BIKE but maybe 1 not fit the rules in BOWLING GREEN SUMMER RACE not ONLY my V-Rod. There was 6 bikes with my V-Rod. I was protested and kicked out. The race went on with 4 or 5 non compliant bikes and some that protested me did not read the rules and know that. ONCE AGAIN the rules," This Class is reserved for 45 degree 160"...... ONLY MAYBE 1 BIKE WAS 160 CUBIC INCH that raced at the summer race. The rule does not say UP TO 160 it clearly states 160. So, if you are not a 160 motor you don't fit the class. If you are going to protest me and get specific and say rules are rules. Rules are 160 if you are 159 you don't fit the class.
So, my yellow 45 degree bike that I raced in the PRO GAS class now ALSO does not fit the rules because it is 135 cu in.

THE RULES NEED TO GET CHANGED OR THE CLASS IS DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Professional Gas Classes Discussion”