Hot Street class Split

A Special Thank-you to Baker Drivetrain, Energy One Performance Clutches, and S&S Cycle.

Moderators: gregg dahl, Jayne

hscharley

Hot Street class Split

Postby hscharley » Tue May 02, 2017 10:17 am

Due to the number of bikes in the Hot Street class and the dislike of the staggered tree...The class has been split. Starting at the Mason Dixon race there will be 2 different classes. No rule changes but I would like to suggest a slight tweak to allow for an over bore of the 1250 to allow 1275. I am not sure of the names of the classes, but I want to run my #1 Hot Street plate that I earned last year. We will work on posting the rules for the new class. Rules will be the same as the rules used for the last 2 years for the Nhra rule bikes. Since Nhra no longer has the Hot Street class we will call it something else. Please come out and support both classes of hot street. Let's grow them both in to 16 bike fields.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hot Street class Split

Postby admin » Tue May 02, 2017 9:42 pm

I think Charley showed a giant boatload of Class at Bowling Green.
We normally allow for reasonable overbore.. I think everyone requires a Re-build from time to time.
I sure don't see any reason you wouldn't wear that #1 Plate ...and with Pride.
We have room for a smaller motor, stockish Chassis, type Class!!! Lets run it.
Thanks for racing with us. Hope some more "watchers" will get out and "do"!!! Course...then what will we "Talk" about?????
Admin Notice

hscharley

Postby hscharley » Thu May 04, 2017 6:56 pm

So what will we call the class?
Factory street
Mean street
Altered street

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri May 05, 2017 7:45 am

Hmmm
Altered Street is a Group.
Factory Street...I kinda like it, but...Have a Hard time with Factory anything!!
Mean Street sounds Cool...Not really Descriptive tho..
Street Stock?? Not really..Super Street????
We need Help Here huh???? :roll:
Admin Notice

hscharley

Postby hscharley » Fri May 05, 2017 5:10 pm

I say Super Street

Blastem

Postby Blastem » Fri May 05, 2017 5:29 pm

Whatever you want to call it, I'm in Champ...I'll get the stickers at the tech trailer...
"LET OUR CHILDREN RACE" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blastem

Postby Blastem » Sat May 06, 2017 9:18 am

also something to consider... and more entries might run BOTH classes... if there is a cool down gap in between running the 2...

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun May 07, 2017 11:10 am

This is Not intended to be a "run both" type class. But, I may give it some consideration.
Taking into account that there may Not always be enough participation to run the two classes at every event!! :?:
Admin Notice

Blastem

Postby Blastem » Sat May 13, 2017 3:38 pm

AMRA-SUPER-STREET-rules-2.odt

Designation: “SS” followed by motorcycle number.
Reserved for Harley-Davidson Sportster, Buell and Big Twin motorcycles. Motorcycle must be ridden under its own power to staging, starting line and back to the pit area after completion of the run (no towing permitted). This is a heads up, .400-second, Pro tree class.
REQUIREMENTS AND SPECIFICATIONS
ENGINE: 1
ENGINE
Must be Harley-Davidson based, air cooled, 45-degree XL, FX or FL. Maximum displacement is limited to 114 cu.i. Engine Case and cylinder heads must be stock or Screamin’ Eagle castings only. Intake port, exhaust port and stud locations must be the same dimension angles and locations as originally cast. Only one (1) sparkplug is permitted for each cylinder. Internal modifications are permitted. Compression releases are not permitted. A single oil return line may be added to each cylinder head and routed directly to the crankcase. Engine must maintain steel crankshaft and rods. Cylinders must be stock appearing. All engines must be naturally aspirated and all air must be delivered through a single, float type carburetor and a one-piece split runner manifold or through a Harley-Davidson or Screamin’ Eagle fuel injection throttle body (no physical modifications are permitted to the throttle body). EFI must have been factory installed. No portion of the intake or exhaust manifold may extend past the mounting/sealing surface of the cylinder head. No fuel pumps are permitted on carbureted engines. Crankcase and all tanks containing fluids must have vent tubes routed to catch can or have a non-spill breather system on motorcycle. Active crankcase evacuation systems are not permitted.

Engine Platform Displacement (cu/in) Wheelbase (.in)
Twin Cam-1 Max/114 Stock
Twin Cam-2 Stock/107 68
Evolution-1 Max/114 Stock
Evolution-1 Stock/85 68
Sportster-1 Max/99 Stock
Sportster-2 Stock/77 AKA: 1275cc 68

FUEL: 2
FUEL
No fuel limitations.

DRIVE TRAIN: 3
TRANSMISSION
Stock or aftermarket castings are permitted. Transmission must be stock appearing. Internal modifications are limited to back-cut, clearance and lightening operations. Automatic transmissions are not permitted. No shifting devices are permitted other than stock or aftermarket foot operated shift levers. Clutch must be stock type and spring actuated. No weights, balls or levers (other than a hand operated clutch lever) may in anyway enhance nor control the actuation or release of the clutch.

FRAME: 4
FRAME
Only stock, production, Harley-Davidson or Buell frames for licensed street motorcycles are permitted. Modifications affecting the structural integrity are prohibited.

WHEELBASE
Wheelbase: Maximum wheelbase is 68 inches. Wheelbase may be obtained by lengthening the swing arm. Swing arm extensions will be inspected for quality of workmanship and structural integrity.

WHEELIE BARS
Wheelie bars are not permitted

ELECTRICAL: 5

IGNITION
Any ignition system is permitted. No delay boxes, two steps or electronic throttle stops and no air shifters. No data logging/gathering devices. Ignition kill allowed for foot shifting.

CHARGING SYSTEM
Charging systems not required

STARTING SYSTEM
Electronic or kick on board starters are required. No jump-starts from an external battery are permitted in the staging lanes. No rollers. No push starts. No dry hops in pits.

TIRES: 6

TIRES
DOT tires are required.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue May 16, 2017 10:14 am

I have updated the records Page to reflect this change.
Something for Both "street" classes to think about
other brands are Out there that are decidedly Not Metric or put another way...they Are American Motorcycles!!!
By the Time we get to the Year end Rules meeting, I would like to address these Brands!!!!!
Heck...I'm not sold on all of the O.E. Stuff...These classes are Not Run For nor By the MoCo...
What have they Ever... Done for Us???
Admin Notice

R Meck

Postby R Meck » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:19 pm

I can see looking at how to fit other American Made bikes into the class. My only concern w/ the rules as written at this point it no compression releases. Even some stock (CVO at least) bikes come with them in modern times.

Return to “Anouncements”